Lemon Juice is Not an Effective Remedy for Killing Fleas
Lemon juice does not kill fleas. A study showing the effects of d-limonene, a chemical in lemons, points that lemon juice is ineffective in killing insects but has effects repelling them.
There is more than one way to use lemons to help repel fleas from a pets’ fur. The simplest and most straightforward way to do it is to cut up a lemon and rub it in the fur, though it’s not advised to do so as pure lemon juice can irritate the skin. Instead, the best way to prepare a home remedy with lemon juice to kill fleas is to dilute it.
1. Slice a lemon into thin discs
2. Add two cups of water into a pot together with the sliced lemon
3. Bring it up to a boil and let it simmer for 30 minutes
4. Leave it soaking overnight or over 24 hours
5. Strain the mixture to get rid of the lemon and impurities
6. Add the mixture into a spray bottle
Remember to avoid the pets’ ears, eyes, and genitals when spraying it.